About the Festival
Highland Dancing Rules
Highland Dancing Entry Form
Freestyle Bagpipe Quartet Competition
The 2020 Festival of the Tartans preparations are in full swing! Check back soon for more information.
The most effective present with regard to players
. Can come on. Enhanced possibility of profitable!
Festival of the Tartans – New Glasgow Highland Games Competition Rules
Festival of the Tartans – New Glasgow Highland Games Competition Rules:
1. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Festival. Don’t miss your chance to try your luck with
25 euro casino bonus ohne einzahlung
. It’s simple, follow the link and enjoy the safe and mind-blowing world of modern excitement!
Are you not sure where to find swanky gambling for fun? Go to the
halloween caca niquel
. There are many bonuses as well. 2. “Dancers must comply with the SOBHD Code of Conduct. Failure to do so will result in the dancer being reported to the SOBHD.”
3. First to enter, last to dance.
4. Medals and trophies will be awarded in all categories except primary where no trophy is awarded.
5. Dancers must report to dance area when their class is called or risk disqualification from that dance.
6. Dancers must be in full dress to receive awards (including ghillies).
7. Age as of date of competition (July 20th, 2019).
8. Age categories will be based on number of registrations in each classification.
9. Scrutineering shall be conducted as recommended by SOBHD. Dancers will be judged according to the technique of the SOBHD. Judges decisions will be final and there will be no access to the judge’s sheets.
10. Any protest must be lodged in writing and postmarked within 7 days, accompanied by a fee of $25 which will be returned if the protest is upheld.
11. The Festival of the Tartans will not be responsible or liable for lost articles, accidents, injuries or illness to competitors or spectators.
12. No coaching by teachers or parents while dancers are on stage. Only those teachers and parents working to line up dancers are permitted in the line up area.
13. No refunds after entries received.
14. Designated changing areas will be provided. There is to be no changing in public areas nor will dancers be permitted to be in public areas wearing bra tops or sports bras with dickies.
15. Special events are separate from the regular competition set of dances. They are not included in the High Aggregate calculation.
Fleur Mainville Solo Choreography Celebration Rules:
1. Open to Premier dancers only.
2. Rules are as per SOBHD Constitution and Rules for Choreography.
3. Choreography competitors must possess a current SOBHD registration card.
4. Dance registration cards validated at registration desk on day of competition.
5. Choreography competitors must enter in their respective regular competition to enter choreography.
6. Dance will be performed to pre-determined music. Music will be emailed upon registration and payment.
Fleur Mainville Premier Dancer of the Day Awarded to the Premier dancer with the highest points. (6 dancers minimum in the group. Excludes special events.)
Directions to Scott W. Weeks Sports Complex Field (234 Park St): Take Exit 25 to New Glasgow.
Coming from Cape Breton, go right off the exit ramp toward New Glasgow. Coming from Truro/Halifax, go left off the exit ramp. Once off the highway continue on the road & up the hill. Turn right onto Park Street at the set of lights by Shoppers Drug Mart. Continue straight. Turn left into a parking lot beside a large track field area after you see the Police Station on the right. Additional nearby parking will be available as guided. The highland dance stage will be on the side closest to the street. In the event of continuous heavy rain, the competition will be moved to the North Nova Education Centre on the same street.
Links of Interest:
Town of New Glasgow
Federation of Scottish Culture in Nova Scotia